12/13/2010

Guest Post: Matt Alexander





Hi! My name is Matt Alexander and I am very excited to be serving as the Production Director at NewSpring Charleston! I have lived in Anderson, SC all of my life. My younger brother and I were raised in a traditional Baptist church. Yes, we were "drug" to church every Sunday! I started playing drums at the age of 7, beginning my love for music. In high school I was a member of the drum line in the marching band and played in a garage band called "Silkworm". (I didn't choose the name)

At Anderson University, I majored in Human Resources but spent most of my time playing drums in a band called "Six and Twenty" doing gigs for youth rallies and campus ministries. You might recognize the name of our lead guitarist - Steve Barlow(Our new worship leader!!). Steve and I were band-mates for 2 years and roommates for 4 years! In 2000, I joined NewSpring Church and have volunteered there ever since!

In 2003, I married my lovely wife Sara. We actually met at a NewSpring Bible study! We have three children, Lucas age 5, Ava age 2, and Wyatt is 4 months old. I have an obsession with flashlights, tools and knives. I am a techy,
gadgety kind of guy. (who isn't?) I enjoy trying to play golf... but pretty terrible at it. I love to play racquetball, so
let me know if you play! I love a good challenge! I also love a pick up game of Ultimate Frisbee!

We are so excited to be starting a new life here in Charleston! We know that God has great things in store for NewSpring Charleston! Sara and I both are passionate about what God is doing in our church! We have experienced true life change over the past 10 years through Perry's teachings and Home Groups! I can't wait to meet each of you and begin seeing life change happen here!

If you are interested in volunteering in the production area or with the load in and load out team please email matt.alexander@newspring.cc for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment