8/26/2010

Guest Post: Steve Barlow, Charleston Campus Worship Leader




Hi! Steve here. Just wanted to tell you a little bit about myself and to let you know how pumped I am to be serving as the Charleston Campus worship leader! I grew up in central Florida. My love for music definitely stems from my parents who have been performing in various southern gospel groups and churches for over forty years. I spent most of my childhood involved in church and sports. I started playing guitar at 16 and really got passionate about music. My involvement in sports led me to receive a baseball scholarship to Anderson College to be a pitcher. Baseball was my main focus until I injured my shoulder. God had a different plan for me and I began to pursue music with a renewed passion. Around the same time, I also began pursuing my future wife, Andrea, who I met at Anderson. While at Anderson we were also involved with Perry’s Bible study and later with Newspring Church from its inception. We married in 2001 and shortly after moved to Nashville, TN. While there, I had the opportunity to play guitar for various bands and occasionally lead worship at our church. In August 2006 we had our first daughter Evelyn, or Evie for short. Although we were living in TN, I kept up with the amazing growth that Newspring was experiencing. In 2007 I felt like God wanted us to move back to SC so that we could get plugged in again at Newspring. I started playing guitar for the band in December that year and have been a part of the worship team ever since. In June 2009 we were blessed with the birth of our twin girls Daphne and Iris. It has been an exciting few years and it just keeps getting better. We are looking forward to what God has in store for us and for the Newspring Charleston Campus!

1 comment:

  1. We're going to miss Steve in Anderson, but you guys are getting a great worship leader in Charleston! Congratulations! I'm looking forward to my lifetime supply of Chick-fil-A as part of the trade agreement.

    ReplyDelete